I’ve been raped or sexually assaulted

If you’ve been sexually assaulted or raped, it’s important to get help as soon as possible. It’s not your fault and there are lots of people that can help you. First make sure you are somewhere safe.

Where to get help

We advise that you visit your nearest Sexual Assault & Referral Centre first. They will give you immediate treatment and care as well as offer you the specialist support and follow up treatment and care you need. You can also get help from sexual health clinics, young people’s centres like Brook,  your GP and local support services which should be listed on your council’s website.

If there is a Virgin Care service near you and you would prefer to see one of our clinicians, you book yourself online now, call your local service or come into one of our clinics.


SARCs near Virgin Care sexual health services

For urgent medical care and support

Call 999 (or 112 from a mobile) and ask for an ambulance or go straight to your nearest Accident & Emergency department.

Reporting to the police

If you want to report a sexual assault or rape, call 101 (or 999 in an emergency). If you would prefer not to contact the police, you can still access support from your local SARC.

More information on sex and assault as well as  links to national support services can be found here.

Back to top